Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thank You

Dear Daughter,

Sometimes people tell Papa that he says "Thank You" too often. I know that I have asked you to learn this common courtesy as well, which is what it is, a common courtesy.

However, it is also important to know the difference between needing to do something and wanting to do it. When people say, "you don't need to say "Thank You'" I respond with the fact that I want to.

You will, unfortunately see, My Daughter, that there is a great deal of bad things in this world. What we can do, though, is to make those small differences, when we can. One of those, I believe, is to say those two simple words when we feel like it, merely "Thank You."

You bring me great Joy in my life, so, "Thank You."

I Love You,

Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment