Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Connections Across the Ocean


Dear Daughter,

Your Mama told me that you went to Paris and to the Efteling this week with her for your fall break. I am so happy for you.

Paris is such a special place and I know that you got to learn all about the Eiffel Tower and got to see it from your hotel!

Papa is in the US now, but will soon be home. However, something that you want to see here is the Statue of Liberty in New York City. And, guess what? It was a gift from France to declare the possibility of being in a new country with new-found freedoms and opportunities.

So, we will go to the Statue of Liberty someday and then you can then think about how across the Ocean there stands the Eiffel Tower as a symbol of ingenuity and co-operation as well.

I am so happy that you got to go to the Efteling with your friends, it is a very special place and Papa will take you there again when I am back in Belgium.

Papa loves you so much.

I Love You,
Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment