Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Teachers' Day

Dear Daughter,

Papa got a nice surprise at school today. Today in India it was national "Teachers' Day" in honor of one of India's former prime minister's father. The son wanted to create a holiday in honor of his father, but the father replied, "I am a teacher, so honor all teachers instead of just me." So today, several of the kids had treats for the teachers and they all wished me a "Happy Teacher's Day," and when Papa went to his Tamil class, I got to thank my teacher too! So, remember to thank your teachers too in Belgium.
I love you,
Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment