Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Sunday, September 4, 2011

We Do What We Can


Dear Daughter,
I just talked to you on the phone and it was great to hear your voice. I told you about the little boys on my street who are going to teach me how to play “Cricket,” because they often play it on our street. You asked me why they played in the streets, and I told you it was because sometimes we just have to do what we can with what we have. There are not many playgrounds here in Madurai, so many of the children play games in the less busy streets like ours. So, remember, sometimes we do just have to do what we can in our lives with what we have.
I Love You, Papa



PS Here is a picture of them playing this morning. The little mud ball with the three sticks stuck in it is called the “wicket.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment