Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Friday, October 21, 2011

Saying Good-Bye and Hello

Dear Daughter,

Papa saw the picture of you and the chalk calendar that you made to mark the days until I come back to Belgium and see you!

I am very excited to tell you all about the things that I have done, the people that I have met, and the places I have seen.

India is an amazing place in so many ways, and I know that we will have many, many hours together to talk about all of these things.

I was sad to begin saying good-bye to my friends and students here, but when we say good-bye, it usually means that we next get to say "hello" to someone else. So, although I will be saying "good-bye" to many people, it means that each time I do it is closer to saying "hello" again to you!

Papa loves you very much, and will also be counting the days now.

I Love you,

Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment