Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Strange Creatures

Dear Daughter,

Papa went back to the Meenakshi Temple again last night with some friends and each time I go, I see more and more fabulous things.

I saw the elephant again and there were several musicians and lights and incense and chanting and many people there to pay devotion to the gods.

I found this column that is a popular creature in Tamil Nadu. It is something like a mix of a lion, dragon and an elephant! You can see the trunk, but it is standing on its hind legs that look like a lion.

What do you think it is??



I Love You,

Papa

No comments:

Post a Comment