Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Gigantic Memory



Exactly one year ago, the most extraordinary event took place in Antwerp. The Diver and his long-lost niece, the Little Giant came to town and for three days the city was transformed into the most magical stage for a fairy tale of separation and reunion. We followed the Little Giant all day long together on the bike last year on this Saturday, and we saw her snoring and sleeping, wake up, ride in her boat, go "pee-pee," dance, and walk through the streets of Antwerp. It was unforgettable and one of the best memories that I have with you, my Daughter. I hope that you remember the weekend that the giants came to town for all of your years to come. I know that I will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment