Blake

To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. William Blake, from "Auguries of Innocence"

Friday, August 26, 2011

Papa Goes to School

Papa visited the Indian schools today in Madurai where I will be teaching. They have children of all ages and I saw many of them your age too. They were running around playing just like you and your friends do on the playground in Blegium. When it was time for them to go in, they lined up side-by-side in a row, with rows next to each other, also just like you do at your school.

Starting Monday, I will be telling them stories about what it is like to live in Europe and America, just as you have, and then they can tell me about India so that I can come back and tell you all about theirlives here! So, in a way, Papa is back in school again too, learning about other cultures and a new language, Tamil, that the kids will also help teach me while I teach them English. And, guess what? Papa has to take a lunch box to class too now, just like you! Isn't that funny, Papa with a lunch box!

Just remember, life is also one big school house, and we all have much to learn from each other, even Papa.

No comments:

Post a Comment